Thuren Tuned King 2.5 Rear Shocks
SKU: TF-KS25R-12SHORTYRegular price $1,110.00
ANY NEW KING 2.5 ORDERS ARE EXPECTED TO SHIP IN 7-8 MONTHS. WE ARE HOPEFUL KING CAN IMPROVE ON THIS TIMELINE, BUT BE PREPARED FOR A LONG WAIT!!
- Shocks are built and priced per pair
- Stainless Steel shafts included
- These are Piggyback Reservoir Style shocks
- Custom colors will add a few weeks to the timeline. The End Cap color option will change the King Blue color to your chosen color
- The Silver Body color can lose its shine very quickly, We suggest wrapping the body in 3M vinyl as soon as you receive your shocks. The aluminum body does not need the 3M treatment
- These King Shocks are intended to be used with Thuren Coils only
- With each order, we discuss the specific needs of the customer. It's important to discuss details like highway ride, terrain, specific vehicle components, and off-road desires before purchasing
Our wide range of valving options has been developed over years of research, theory, and real-world testing technology found in the latest Motocross shock internals and adapting that design to allow heavy Dodge Diesel Trucks to perform like no other pickup out there.
Every internal shock design has had focus placed on giving the best ride for everyday driving and smaller terrain as well as adding control and resisting bottoming out on the larger impacts.
By strategically placing multiple valving zones inside the shock and creating a true speed-sensitive valving setup. Smaller impacts utilize the soft-zone valving while larger impacts push through this zone and use the stiffer tuned zone(s).
This type of valving is specific to each individual vehicle and requires precision down to the last .001” Shim. This level of performance is unmatched and will not be found on an off-the-shelf universal “race” shock.
- Stage One - On highway performance is smooth and responsive. Valving is also light enough to completely absorb large potholes, highway expansion joints, and excels on small choppy terrain.
Because Stage One Valving is the lightest setup offered, it can still bottom out as you drive more aggressively off-road. Performance, comfort, and speed will double over that of the stock shock setup.
- Stage Two - Top notch highway performance with a sports-car-like feel can be achieved with this level of valving. Large potholes, whoops, and ruts will be absorbed easily. However, the smaller bumps will have an entry-level feel to them with this setup.
Off-road performance and bottoming resistance is roughly 10% over that of Stage One Valving.
- Stage Three - This is the most common valving design we use and often is the most requested. With the right components to complement this valving setup, the performance gains could be huge! There is no comparison to the stock configuration with stage 3 valving.
Large potholes, curb-sized bumps, rutted dirt roads, and sand whoops are no longer a problem. More speed is required to push through the stiffer valving offered here and therefore smoothing out the ride over this type of terrain.
- Stage Four - This level of tuning is where the off-road performance really increases and desires speed to do so. It is strongly recommended to install an Axle Truss on your truck at this point due to increased speeds and higher impacts that come up quickly.
On-road performance is far better than a stock configuration but will start to feel more firm on the large potholes and bumps in comparison to Stage Three valving.
- Stage Five - An Axle Truss is mandatory at this point simply due to the potential speeds that are required to utilize this level of valving. With this level of valving the smaller bumps are not absorbed as easily however bottoming out is heavily resisted.
Large potholes and small speed bumps will have the same feel as the stock setup but will be soaked up with speed to push through the valving configuration. The highway feel will be well balanced but still resemble that of a stock truck setup.
- Stage Six - This is where the Race Speed Performance enters the game. Smaller square-edged bumps will be more pronounced but the bigger whoops and rollers crave more speed. Larger sand whoops can be skipped across the top with the right application of skill, speed, and line choice.
Stage Six valving can truly test the skill of any driver and allow your truck to obtain jaw-dropping speeds in the roughest of terrain. Driving your Dodge Ram at the speeds applicable to this valving will require immense off-road driving skill, experience, and supporting component upgrades.
Highway driving is compromised when contacting large potholes and bumps but freeway expansion joints are still more balanced over stock suspension.