THUREN RAM XHD STEERING
SKU: TF-STRDRILRegular price $580.00
These steering kits are best suited for 6"-12" of lift looking for ultimate strength, and you MUST have over about 4.5" of lift ( enough for a drop track bar bracket) for these steering kits to fit/function at all.
If you have 0-3" lift/leveling this steering will not function properly. Yes it can bolt up no problem, but the geometry is far off and the truck will not handle properly, massive bump steer, etc. No exceptions here!
Each kit is custom built to match each vehicles specific lift height and suspension components. This kit does require permanent modifications to steering knuckles so factory steering cannot be put back on without purchasing new knuckles and possibly the pitman arm, depending on setup.
- GRADE 8, 3/4" BOLTS AND NYLOCK NUT'S
- SPECIAL HIGH ANGLE SAFETY WASHERS
- FK, 3-PIECE, TEFLON, 28,000 LB. CHROMO ROD ENDS
- 7/8" SHANK DRAG LINK AND TIE ROD HEIM JOINTS
- 1.5" X 3/8" WALL DOM TUBES
- CNC DRILLED AND THREADED TUBE ENDS
- BENT TO CLEAR SWAYBAR LINKS
- CLEARS LARGER DIFFERENTIAL COVERS
- IF YOUR LIFT DOES NOT USE A TRACKBAR DROP BRACKET, LOOK FOR OTHER STEERING OPTIONS. THIS STEERING WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU.
- STEERING KNUCKLES AND PITMAN MUST BE DRILLED TO 3/4" HOLES. STOCK STEERING WILL NOT RE-INSTALL AFTER DOING THIS.
- FACTORY OR DEEP BACKSPACE WHEELS DO NOT WORK, AS THEY DO NOT CLEAR THE NEW ADDED DRAG LINK HEIM. MUST HAVE MUCH LESS BACKSPACING OR 18" DIAMETER OR LARGER WHEELS. 5.5" OR LESS BACKSPACING WITH 17" OR LARGER WHEELS, IS REQUIRED.
- TIE ROD HAS NO CLAMP FOR STEERING DAMPER. TABS MUST BE WELDED ON BY THE CUSTOMER, OR A MACHINED CLAMP/MOUNT CAN BE PROVIDED FOR AN EXTRA $65
- GET THE MEASUREMENTS SHOWN IN THE ABOVE PICTURE, AND EMAIL THAT INTO US WITH ALL YOUR TRUCKS SUSPENSION DETAILS, AFTER YOU ORDER.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON LIFTS TALLER THAN 6"
If you have over 6" of lift, be sure to check your "trackbar drop bias" before you order. This bias, or, the difference between the actual trackbar bracket drop measurement, and lift height, should be no more than 4". This means if you have a 10" lift, you should have a measured 6" drop trackbar bracket. 12" lift = 8" drop trackbar bracket, etc... If you have a 8" lift and a measured 3" trackbar drop bracket, you need more trackbar drop. Fix that first before ordering this steering, or you will be fixing/reordering this all later down the road, again.